Don’t you just love the feeling of a new year? A fresh start. The opportunity to do things differently. To do them better. Although some of us will lose momentum fairly quickly once their busy lives take over again, I plan to ride the wave for as long as possible.
I have spent the last week or so really thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2014. While I was mulling over some ideas I also realized that 2014 is my last full year in my twenties. In just a few months I will be turning 29 and staring 30 directly in the face. Ok, ok…if I am going to be completely honest in 2014, I didn’t just realize this. I have been thinking about 30 a lot. That is what lead me to develop not only a list of goals, but a 30 before 30 list.
While I was developing the list, I reviewed it with and asked my husband for input. He reminded me that although it is a fun idea to develop a 30 before 30 list, he also wanted to make sure I took a moment to recognize what I have already accomplished. So I did just that. I stopped to reflect on everything I have already accomplished, and while it gives me pride in the life I have lived so far, it also gives me more momentum to make the next year even better than the last.
- Read 30 Books – including Little Women. (and yes, the book I finished last night counts towards the total)
- Take a Photography Class
- Go on a Cruise
- Meatless Mondays
- Have Dinner With Each of my Immediate Family Members Individually
- Lose Weight (No List is Complete Without it!)
- Hold a Baby Bear
- Write a Letter Once a Week
- Blog Once a Week (Lucky You Guys!)
- Try a New Recipe Each Month
- Do One Craft Project a Month (First One…Happiness Jar)
- Go to the MN Zoo
- Special Date Night Per Month
- Yoga More
- Workout 4x Per Week (Should Help Achieve #6)
- Go to a Water Park
- Figure Out What I Want to do (And Develop my Portfolio)
- Less Technology Time (Unplug More!)
- Make a Pie From Scratch
- Learn About Spices and Herbs
- Be Almost Done With my MBA (Can’t Speed That up Even if I Wanted to)
- Be Able to do Push Ups on my Toes
- Learn Calligraphy
- See a Show on Broadway
- Go For a Run in Central Park
- Master Gluten Free Living
- Attend a Cooking Class
- Learn to Use InDesign
- Take a Trip With The Girls
- Have the BEST 30th Birthday Party Ever!
As I head out to embrace 2014 with open arms, I will be keeping these goals with me. I may not be able to complete ever single one by the time I turn 30, but I think it is going to be fun to try.
Here is to a fun and successful 2014!